Stellar Cyber Celebrates Two Years of Open XDR Success
Sales, Partnerships, Global Reach Demonstrate Broad Market Traction
The Open XDR platform brings in data from all existing security tools and sources to establish complete visibility and deliver automated correlation for precise incident and response while preserving existing corporate investments. Now, with over 40 security vendors – from security industry leaders to early-stage startups – touting XDR or Open XDR, and thousands of customers using Open XDR platforms, it’s clear the vision has resonated with customers who are grappling with improving their defenses against increasingly sophisticated and numerous attacks.
According to a 2021 Gartner report, Emerging Technologies – Defining Composable Security, “Open XDR is particularly interesting [as a path to a composable security infrastructure] as it offers the unified approach of XDR in leveraging a disparate set of telemetry with the additional value of extending the integration across different proprietary and open-source tools.”
It has been a heady time for the team at Stellar Cyber, driven by financial, ecosystem and customer success. Key milestones include:
- A recent $38 million Series B round of funding, bringing total investments to $68 million, including the addition of strategic investor Samsung
- 700 percent annual recurring revenue growth over the last two years
- Thousands of enterprise users and MSSP customers globally, including 14 of the top 250 MSSPs, including AKATI Sekurity, Amnet Cyber Protect, CyFlare, Defenced, Euris, inSOC, Overwatch by High Wire Networks, SOClogix, Solutions Granted and True Digital Security
- More than 100 reseller partners and strategic distributors globally, including AST (Alfa Siber Teknologi), Emitec, Fujisoft, Ingram Micro, ITSDI (Information Technology Security Distribution, Inc.), LOL (Licencias On Line), MAPS (Mayorista de Partes y Servicios), Provision, REVEZ and Tech Titan.
- Integration with hundreds of security products including EDRs, Firewalls, IAM, Emails, Cloud, SOAR, SaaS applications and many others.
- World-class technology partnerships including Barracuda Networks, Blackberry Cylance, Check Point, SonicWall, F5 Networks, Tenable and others
- Notable mentions in reports about XDR and Composable Security by leading industry analyst firms, including ESG, Forrester, Gartner and Omdia
- More than 20 awards recognizing the power of Stellar Cyber’s solution.
“We created Open XDR in response to two urgent market needs. First, security professionals were buried in alerts from siloed tools and nearly helpless against attacks because they didn’t have a clear view of their entire security infrastructure. Second, most companies had invested thousands or millions in existing security tools and didn’t want to abandon those investments,” said Aimei Wei, CTO and founder of Stellar Cyber. “Our platform addresses these issues and gives our customers real confidence in their security infrastructure while reducing their costs substantially.”
Said Rik Turner, a principal analyst for cybersecurity at Omdia, “We divide the XDR sector into Open XDR, where the vendor sells the engine to collect data from third-party security tools of all stripes across endpoint, network, and cloud; and comprehensive XDR, where the vendor sells the engine as part of their infrastructure security portfolio, and it is their own tools that work as the sensors supplying the data. While there are now other companies on the open side of the market, Stellar Cyber was the first to offer its Open XDR as an alternative to the more captive platforms from large vendors. They really defined this new segment, and they continue to innovate in the category.”
Open XDR vs. XDR:
While standard extended detection and response (XDR) platforms enforce vendor lock-in and require abandonment of existing security tools, Stellar Cyber’s Open XDR platform works seamlessly with customers’ existing EDR, SIEM, UEBA, NDR, and other solutions to preserve their investments. In addition, Stellar Cyber’s platform enhances those investments by ingesting all their data, normalizing and correlating it, applying AI-driven analytics to inspect it, and automatically responding to complex threats. Only Stellar Cyber’s Open XDR delivers these benefits, including an 8X improvement in MTTD and a 20X improvement in MTTR.
“The breadth of Stellar Cyber’s offering, with many built-in capabilities like UEBA, NDR, NG-SIEM, TIP and automated response systems from any vendor, and their ability to tightly integrate with any endpoint detection and response (EDR) platform makes it the first Open XDR system I am aware of,” said Zeus Kerravala, Principal Analyst for ZK Research.
About Stellar Cyber:
Stellar Cyber’s Open XDR platform delivers Everything Detection and Response by ingesting data from all tools, automatically correlating alerts into incidents across the entire attack surface, delivering fewer and higher-fidelity incidents, and responding to threats automatically through AI and machine learning. Our XDR Kill Chain™, fully compatible with the MITRE ATT&CK framework, is designed to characterize every aspect of modern attacks while remaining intuitive to understand. This reduces enterprise risk through early and precise identification and remediation of all attack activities while slashing costs, retaining investments in existing tools and accelerating analyst productivity. The company is based in Silicon Valley. For more information, contact https://stellarcyber.ai.